SJ23 - self steering

Has anyone found or adapted a self steering system for their SJ23?
I am refering to a self steering system that does not use an autopilot or
a windvane.

I know that several good books exist on this topic but before trying to
get copies (they are out of print I am told) I am turning to our own
groups for expertise and to find out if anyone has already set up a
system or for any suggestions. Perhaps this could be a project we could
all work on this sailing season and compare systems, etc...in the fall.

      Jack Carr                       |           / |       "wind and fair
      jackc@vcn.bc.ca                 |         /   |        ask for"
      British Columbia,   CANADA      |     ________|____