Boat Renaming Ceremony

For all of you who either just acquired your first San Juan
23, are considering renaming your boat, or have already
renamed your boat and have been tempting fate as I have, I
have located "John Vigor's Interdenominational Boat
De(Re)naming Ceremony. It is too long to attach here, but I
will send it diredtly to anyone who is not online. The rest
may click on the link on the SJ 23 Internet Fleet homepage
under "Vigor's....." which will take you to a printable
copy.

The only problem I can see with it is it does not include a
naked nubile maiden in the ceremony. At my age that is a
very important omission!

I failed to use a ceremony when I renamed my Catalina 36
and it ran aground twice! Once with me at the wheel in the
middle of the night and once when I chartered it out in the
middle of the day. Both times within five miles of Frtiday
Harbor. I did not use a ceremony on  use a ceremony on my
West Wight Potter which replaced the Catalina 36, and
nothing happened to it.

But I have beem concerned about "De Vliegende Hollander" so
I am going to buy some San Juan wine and do it right now
that I know the proper ceremony.

Chuck Vande Wetering
San Juan 23 Internet Fleet Webmaster
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/5492
wwp62@rockisland.com

"I must go down to the seas again, for the call
   of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be
   denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white
   clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and
   the sea-gulls crying.

Verse 2 of "Sea Fever" by John Masefield