Date:          Wed, 8 Apr 1998 19:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject:       FORM results
From:          wwp62@rockisland.com (Geocities WebMonitor mail)
To:            wwp62@rockisland.com

Sent from Mail Form posted at:   http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/5492/msgbdcur.html

(Notice Board User)  Kemp Howland
(My Home-page)  www.howland-int.com
(email)  kemp_howland@compuserve.com
(Owner)  Other Sailboat
(from)  Orlando, FL
(Date)  8 April 1998
(Please post the following)
Mr. Wetering
San Juan 23 Internet Fleet Webmaster

The San Juan 23 was (and is) a wonderful, seaworthy boat, if sailed by folks who know what they're doing.  The two clowns I mentioned had no business anywhere near the ocean, let alone sailing to Sou
I owned SJ 23 sail # 372 and sailed it in heavy weather off the eastern coast of Florida.   I snapped a rudder in half in a seaway, and brok a spreader in a race.  The boat always performed well and
Yes, the Florida boats were built to inferior standards (minw was a Clark boat.)  The Victoria Yachts people experimented with a fixed rudder and fixed, spade keel.  They had problems with humidity d
Lately I've been thinking about buying another J 23 and restoring it (if needed).  If you know of anyone selling, please forward my email address to them.

Happy sailing.

Kemp Howland

Remote IP: 199.174.174.129

Chuck Vande Wetering
San Juan 23 Internet Fleet Webmaster
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/5492
wwp62@rockisland.com

"I must go down to the seas again, for the call
   of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be
   denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white
   clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and
   the sea-gulls crying.

Verse 2 of "Sea Fever" by John Masefield