Installing deck hardware

I will be installing some deck hardware (organizers, clutches, etc.) on my
SJ23 in a week.  Somewhere I recall reading that one drills the bolt holes
oversize, fills them with apoxy, then redrills to the correct dimension before
installing the hardware.  All this to protect the core.  Is this the correct
way to approach the issue?  My goal is to ahve all the control lines and
halyards directed to the cockpit for single handing.

Bill Sharp