None

Dr. Thomas Hamilton at :
tc_hamilton@cisplatin.fccc.edu
The Fox Chase Cancer Center
7701 Burholme Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19111
(215) 728-2856

Hi guys:
I enjoyed the write-up of how to change the SJ23s motor mount (a job for my
skinny daughter) but it brings up a few questions I've been meaning to ask
about.  The motor mount on my boat #449 looks commercial, i.e. stainless steel,
but its adjustment up and down is a rope and block. It is very difficult to
adjust with certainty. I am wondering if this pulley setup was installed by the
last owner after losing the typical metal bar with slots that is used on all
the motor mounts I've seen. This brings up the issue of replacing the mount
with on that is more serviceable if there is not a part available to fix mine.
In looking at motor mounts it seems all I've seen so far mount to a space
larger than the built up area on my SJs stern for mounting the thing. Any
thoughts would be appreciated. Also, please see my question on the SJ message
board concerning my trailer. Thanks, Tom (TC_Hamilton@fccc.edu)