SJ23 Mainsail

Chuck wrote:

> [...]
Hi Sissy

Sorry to hear about your main sail.  You wanted to know about choice of
mainsail?

I had a partial batten mainsail on my previous boat (Venture 222) and it
was noisy and I was constantly adjusting halyard and outhaul tension to
set the correct draft.  I was begining to hate this sail until I sold
the boat. On my SJ23 I have a full batten mainsail and I love it.  It
always sets with the correct amount of draft, pulls very well and the
best part, it doesn't beat itself to death flopping in the wind.  It is
almost dead quiet.  Sorry but I don't know what weight Dacron it is.
--

Regards

Bob Schimmel
Sailing Inc.