Re: Tech Tip 1 - centerboard up -

I also keep my boat in the water all year and always keep the centerboard
up when not sailing or using the motor. Although i do not know if there
is a technical reason for doing so, from my experience when anchored or
moored the centerboard makes noise as it goes back and forth on the
pivot because of waves, etc... when in a "down" position. I suspect that
this continous motion would result in more wear and tear on the pivot and
enlarge the centerboard hole around the pivot.

      Jack Carr                       |           / |       "wind and fair
      jackc@vcn.bc.ca                 |         /   |        ask for"
      British Columbia,   CANADA      |     ________|____