Re: Does SJ 23 Sink when holed or flooded?

It is my understanding that the SJ23 would not float if holed or
flooded. It does not have built in floatation in case one of these
unfortunate events was to occur. All the more reason to have a dinghy
or to add floatation material in the boat.

The temperature of the water is also a serious factor. Unless one is able
to get out of the water, in the pacific northwest, hypothermia would
start to set in very quickly.

      Jack Carr                       |           / |       "wind and fair
      jackc@vcn.bc.ca                 |         /   |        ask for"
      British Columbia,   CANADA      |     ________|____