Cruising Spinnakers

Hi to all,
I own a SJ 24 and am considering the addition of an asymmetrical
spinnaker to my sail inventory.  I primarily cruise the Canadian Gulf
Islands and the American San Juans, no racing intentions.  Is this a
good choice for a light air head sail?  Is the asymmetrical spinnaker
the same as a cruising spinnaker and a gennaker? Could someone suggest
the proper dimensions (leech, luff, and foot) for such a sail for a boat
of my size?

thanks,

Marty Pearce
SV Wizard