Re: roller furling (fwded)

Hal Mueller wrote:

> >From schmidrj@yahoo.com  Thu Jul 16 10:21:37 1998
> Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:20:25 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Rene Schmidt <schmidrj@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Roller Furling
> To: owner-sanjuan23@maillist.peak.org
>
> Good morning,
>
> I just found this mailing list, and thought I would see how many
> people are active by asking a question.
>
> I just purchased a San Juan 24, and am contemplating installing a
> rollwer furler system. Is this something that others have attempted?
> What are the disadvantages? What brands do people recommend? How much
> did sail modifications cost?
>
> Regards,
> Rene Schmidt
> San Juan 24, Sunao

I have seen roller furling on an SJ24.  It is expensive, at least in my
books.  But boy do I love the convenience.  Talk to North Sails in
Seatle. There was a related subject on replacng the head sail.
--
Be content. The grass on the other side still has to be cut!

Regards

Bob Schimmel
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Canada