RE: 5hp Honda Problems

Art,

You have been reading my mind! The only solution s I ever got were to use
the key supplied by Honda. That didn't work much better. Then I switched to
a 3/16" x 1" pin and that worked a little better, but still shears much too
often when shifting, even from very slow neutral and then into gear. There
is no way I can ever rather quickly shift from forward to reverse as some do
to approach a dock. Your solution sounds the best if it is a shearable pin.
Have you hit any debris tough enough to bend the shaft if the pin doesn't
shear?

The only help I have received from Honda repair shops is a suggestion that I
get a prop with a different pitch. That came from the mechanic at the Honda
shop in Ganges Harbor, Salt Spring Island, B.C. this summer.

Maybe someone else out there has some experience or advice they can share
with us.

Chuck