Autopilots

Hello fellow SanJuaners!

Has anyone installed an autopilot on their SanJuan?
I have an SJ-24, and am contemplating installing an
autopilot. West Marine has Autohelm ST-1000's on sale for around $260.
It sure sounds tempting! I looked at the specs, however, and wasn't
sure if it could be mounted on an SJ-24 because of space limitations.
Any advise is greatly appreciated!!!

Rene Schmidt
SJ-24 #731 Sunao!