RE: Autopilots

Rene,

I have one on my SJ 23 and couldn't be happier. I use it when motoring
mostly. Under sail I have never had an auto pilot that performed well. I
believe the problem comes when you are heeled over.  When I tried to use one
on my Catalina 36 while single handing I would get up on the deck to adjust
sail and all of a sudden the boat would circle on me. But I wouldn't be
without one for long distance cruising, dropping and raising sail, while
motoring.

Chuck