U.S. vs. Canada

The following is reported to be the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation
of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in
October, 1995.

*****
Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.
*****

Americans:
Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians:
Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

American:
This is the Captain of a US Navy ship.  I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians:
No.  I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans:
THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS MISSOURI, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US
NAVY.  DIVERT YOUR COURCE NOW!

Canadians:
This is a lighthouse.  Your call.

E N D   O F   N O T E