(Fwd) Got It!!

Date:          Sat, 28 Mar 1998 19:42:21 -0700
From:          Dave Rhinehart <drhino@gomontana.com>
To:            chuck_van_de_w@geocities.com
Subject:       Got It!!

Chuck:

Drove pretty slowly and the snow had mostly melted-we made it!!!

Looks like hull #570, haven't had main out to check sail number yet.

I sure have some work to do.
Boat is overall in very good condition.

Only major flaw noted is some delamination on the rudder- toward the
top, but significant.

I'll be disassembling for possible repair-do you have any experience
with this problem or with finding replacement rudder?

Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan on going through the boat-from stem to stern as
it were.

You can't imagine my excitement!

Cheers,
Dave

Dave,

Congratulations. I don't remember if you subscribed to the
majordomo mail list but I am sending this message to the
list to see if you get some idea on how to handle the
delamination problem. Therer is a link to dealers who still
have parts available. One in Mt. Vernon, Washington, on the
mainland east of the San Juan Islands (almost where I get
off the ferry when going to the mainland, and another in
North Carolina, which would be closer to you. I have never
tried to get a part from them but maybe someone else has
some experience to share with us on that.

Chuck Vande Wetering
Chuck Vande Wetering
San Juan 23 Internet Fleet Webmaster
http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/5492
wwp62@rockisland.com

"I must go down to the seas again, for the call
   of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be
   denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white
   clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and
   the sea-gulls crying.

Verse 2 of "Sea Fever" by John Masefield