Does SJ 23 Sink when holed or flooded?

-----Original Message-----
From: Geocities WebMonitor mail <No.Return.Email@geocities.com>
To: wwp62@rockisland.com <wwp62@rockisland.com>
Date: Friday, May 08, 1998 5:16 PM
Subject: FORM results

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/5492/msgbdcur.html

>(Notice Board User)  Bobby Kawamura
>(My Home-page)  www.skylink.net/~kawamura
>(email)  kawamua@skylink.net
>(Owner)  San Juan 23
>(from)  Lake Mead
>(Date)  5/8/98
>(Please post the following)
>Hello,
>Does anyone know in the SJ23 sinks when holed or flooded?  I look at my
shoal keel and it looks pretty heavy. There is no foam in my boat except for
the seat cushions. How are the calculations made?  I suppose we need to know
the quantity and specific gravity of the construction materials.  The shape
of the hull should not be a factor. To float, there should be enough volume
of foam to compensate for the high density keel.  I believe my old Venture
22 was supposed to float awash if it was leaking. Its re-assuring to think
the boat will at least be floating well enough to have something to hang
onto in the unfortunate event of a catastrophic failure.