Re: Does SJ 23 Sink when holed or flooded?

Hal, found your calculations interesting. I note you calculated on 1000 lbs
based on the ballast. Since the fiberglass, mast, battery, anchors &
rode, water, food, number of persons on board, etc... etc... etc...
would add to the weight, a higher weight base may be required. I note my
SJ23 has a total displacement of 2700 lbs out of the factory.

      Jack Carr                       |           / |       "wind and fair
      jackc@vcn.bc.ca                 |         /   |        ask for"
      British Columbia,   CANADA      |     ________|____