Interesting Tale

Hi Frank. I was away and just getting caught up on all my email. I
appreciate your and others input.
I still have not decided on type of bracket (not enough time lately...)

Is your OMC bracket piston assisted to tilt the motor out of the water or
does it also adjust how deep the motor shaft goes in the water? Since I do
not have a long shaft, I would like to be able to adjust the height of the
shaft in the water as required. I have been in some rough weather and in
high waves and
swells. Several times the motor was completely submerged but came up fast
enough to not get water in the intake manifold ( one time I was motoring
west of Succia Island and only a few hundred feet from shore  - Parker Reef
few hundred feet to Starboard -  with 20-25 knots winds, current, usual high
swells from Haro Straight, 5-6 ft waves from the north, raining,  etc....
Not a good time to flood the engine.  Fortunately, the honda kept going and
brought me home. Since this has happened a couple times before in other
loations/situations, time to do something about it!!  I want to keep the
engine since I know what it can do and it is very reliable.

Therefore, I would like to be able to adjust the height in these types of
situations. I would prefer to have the propeller ocassionally come out of
the water in these conditions rather than flood the motor....especially
under power!

See you soon on the water!

Cheers
Jack