Re: motor brackets

Hello all!

While we are on the subject of sails, my main got tattered beyond
repair.  The wind was a smooth 10mph as forecast but while in the middle
of the lake, the winds increased to an estimated 30+mph.  Caught
completely off guard while singlehanding the craft, all i could do was
motor upwind to drop sail, while setting the tiller to hold course the
sail flapped itself to bits, at least three separate pieces!  Needless
to say, I am looking for another sail.  Not prepared to buy a NEW one
yet.  Does anyone have or know of a usable mainsail that i may buy for a
reasonable price?  I have been accused of being cheap in regards to many
things, but not my boat.  I just am not prepared to lay down a gazillion
dollars for a single sail.

Thanx in advance,

Steve Smith
Canyon Lake, TX