(Fwd) FORM results

Steve:

If you don't already know, you need to learn how to heave to.  It is the
quickest and safest way to stabilize the boat while you tend to emergency
situations, even in high winds.  Had you hove to, you could have dropped
your main, even single handed, at your leisure, with no significant flogging
and no damage to the main or the Genoa.

When I finish sailing, I heave to and roll up & stow my "plastic" main every
time, then I simply drop the head sail, secure it against the life lines and
motor in.

Mike Chaney
Fort Worth