(Fwd) FORM results

Would some one please tell me the purpose of that small forestay anchored
about a foot in front of the mast on my SJ24, and why, prey tell, Clark
would fasten the chain plate through deck with screws and no backing plate.

Mine has partially pulled out of the deck.  Does this sucker provide any
functional purpose?

	Mike Chaney