Fw: Problem accessing Tech Tips and Message Board Archive

Someone gave me a perfectly brand new OMC 5 Gallon gas tank last Fall.
It has absolutely NO scratches on it.  It has a gas gauge as well.  What
a wonderful gift.

So the other day I decided to check it out for this season's use and I
discovered rust on the bottom.  Lots of it.  Along with about 1" deep
water.

MY QUESTION IS, ONCE I SLOSH THE LOOSE RUST OUT, HOW DO I CLEAN THE RUST
HAT IS STUCK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK?  AN OUTBOARD GAS TANK IS NOT
EXACTLY THE EASIEST THING TO GET INTO!

PS: The guy who gave it to me was not the original owner.

Spruce Grove, Alberta
Canada