Replacement windows or seals for leaking ports, V-boards, and Lexan hatch

Livingston B. Brooks wrote:

> HI,
>
>         Does anyone know how much bilge area there is under the cabin sole
> on a SanJuan 23. Is there anyway to access and remove any water that may
> have collected there? Looking aft from the access hatch in the fwd bunk, I
> can see a little water standing. This area falls under the step-up where the
> porta-potti sits.
>
> Thanks, and happy sailing
>
> Lib Brooks
>
> San Juan 23 Internet Fleet:  http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/5492/

Hi Lib:

You can use a sponge to soak up the water under the head.  I get water
there every year when inserting the knot meter paddle wheel.

There is very little space under the foot of the cabin area.  However,
after just experiencing a foot of water in the hull, I noticed water
seeping out of a gell crack around the table pedestal.  This just proves
that you have to dry the hull thoroughly for winter storage. Therefore,
we pull our boats out about one month before winter freeze up.

Since my "incident" the hull has been bone dry, including all bilge
lockers.  The spiders have returned to my boat.

--
Cheers

Bob Schimmel
Spruce Grove, Alberta