RE: Autopilots

I installed loose-pin hinges to attach the plywood cover to the hull, at the forward edge.  This allows me to grab the plywood and flip it up, tossing the sails and sleeping bags forward.  To finish the job properly I should rig a line  or some way to secure the plywood cover "up".  Since they're loose-pin hinges, I can easily remove the plywood cover if I need to.

The only other place I can think of is to stow it under the cockpit aft of the galley, and haul the thing into the cabin for action.  That's what Surprise's previous owner did.