U.S. vs. Canada

Bobby_Kawamura@notes.ymp.gov wrote:

> Ahoy SJ23 sailors,
>
> Has anyone found a good location for the prota potti?
> Mine is behind the mast support,
> under sails,
> under the spin pole,
> under the sleeping bag,
> under the cushions,
> under the plywood hatch,
> and finally under the lid.
> In other words it is almost useless.
> Even my non-sailing-squimish-desperate
> guests find a bucket is a lot more useful.
> I looked at the SJ23 web page to see if the other interiors
> have thier 'device' in a more convientant location.
> I didnt see a good location even on the zephyr.
> Some of the SJ23 picture gallery photos look like intense concentration for the
> helmsman,
> I think it might be they don't want to rearrange the whole forepeak to use the
> bathroom.
> If anyone has a good solution to this problem
> i am sure i am not the only one who might appreciate a better way.
>
> Bobby K
>
> San Juan 23 Internet Fleet:  http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/5492/
Hi Bobby;
I created a raised flat floor under the forward berth to store sleeping
bags, water tank and other items that I can stuff through the hole.  I
also added a small gear hammock to port for pillows, etc.  This pretty
well leaves the throne clear for royal business.  When I get around to
it, I will add the privacy curtain to the ceiling mounted track.  In the
mean time, we just look elswhere.  There is no modisty in sailing!!
--
Cheers

Bob Schimmel
Spruce Grove, Alberta