Fw: SJ23 parts

Hello, my wife and I live near Indianapolis, Indiana and are we are just
getting into sailing by going to a 4-day basic sailing course at Kentucky Lake
- Lighthouse Landing on September 13-16.  We do not currently own a boat.
Just last week met someone in our neighborhood who has a San Juan 23 for sale.
I estimate that the boat is about 20 years old. Is on Magic Tilt trailer which
does not have brakes, which are necessary to be legal for that much gross
weight in our state.  Both boat & trailer are stored in barn off-season and
have not been used this year.  Both appear to be in reasonable condition.
Price is $5500.  Plan to look at boat more after we get back from sailing
school, if it is still for sale and we determine that we are really interested
in sailing. Want to check out on water as well as on land.  Our preferred lake
- Brookville Reservoir -is 60 miles away.  Please advise if this boat might
have any common weaknesses to look for.  I realize that most of equipment
topsides can be replaced or repaired, but hull & other major structural
components can't. We do not have a marine surveyor in Indiana, and I hope to
locate someone knowledgeable to go with me, but would appreciate any advice.
Thanks so much.  Will let you know how things go, especially if we become
owners and will need much more advice!

Larry Fisher