Re: SJ23 wannabe owner

<x-flowed>At 1:58 AM -0400 9/27/99, WPBest@aol.com wrote:
>sail number she has, but the number inscribed in her stern is OLKJ 0223M78E.

I would decode the second section as hull number 223, manufactured in
1978 (I think the E tells you the month).  That's consistent with my
own boat, 503/1980.  And I believe the OLKJ is simply the
manufacturer's identity code.

What sort of work is needed?  The gotchas to be careful of are rotted
deck core and corroded centerboard hardware.

----
Hal Mueller                hal@seanet.com
Mobile Geographics LLC
Seattle, Washington        (206) 297-9575