[Fwd: boat modification's]

Happy NewYear
Las spring, I sent an email to Bob Schimmel about the changes I was
planning to make to my 23. He asked me to send photos. Well I still have
a couple of things to do but mostly the boat is done except for
hopefully repainting some time in the future. I will be sending photos
as soon as I install the teak holly floor. So far I have rewired the
boat and relocated the baterey amidships on the port side. The boat now
sleeps only 3 because I have glassed in the starboard laz. and opened it
up to the cockpit. I have also put in a proper galley area on the
starboard side aft. The port settee has a slider arrangement which alows
for a wider berth. All the cushions were replaced and there is new
upholsterey. There is now a small chart table portside aft and I have
relocated the panel outboard above it. I installed a battery monitor and
a new radio there also. I also installed a solar charger and roller
furling. I removed the 2 small portlights forward and replaced them with
slightly larger Beckson opening ports and I have also added a solar
ventilator. Last of all I added a pushpit because I needed someplace to
put the barbecue. For this year I have now acquired a cruising chut for
off the wind work. We used the boat extensively this summer in the Bay
of Quinte area and I must say that all the work and expnse was worth
it.I know this seems a little much for a small boat but we have had it
for a few years and plan on keeping it for a while yet.
  Tom Lacquement  OPUS1  Missisauga, Ont.