Re: Insurance

I can answer insurance as it applies to me in
Minnesota on my sailboat (s).  My agent tells me that
when the boat is attached to the car that the car
insurance is valid for libality and damage.  This
forces me to trailor with the "good" car that has full
coverage opposed to the "work" car that has libality
only.  Damage coming off the trailor to the water
could get interesting.  I have a rider on my
homeowners that requires declaring value of trailor,
boat, and motor.   -It is difficult as I do not want
to become insurance poor, and the package is worth
less that the sum of the parts.  I hate to think of
having to replace my junky but functional trailor, or
having to find the correct used motor.  I am at least
conered to some degree for loss and theft, but more
importantly if I mow down someones kid, or a guest
gets clobbered by the boom coverage goes to
homeowners.   For a while while I was not a homeowner,
I transfered title to a friend, and paid the premum on
her homeowners policy.  I would have to lookk it up,
but the premimum is not much, at least in northern Mn
where the season is short.  It seems that one of the
big cost risks is recovery if I sunk in a channel.
Any homeowners agent worth a damn should be able to
advise.

--- Chuck vanDe Wetering <wwp62@interisland.net>

=====
Watch this space for new exciting news. phalenbeck@yahoo.com