Re: Sea worthiness of a San Juan 23

<x-flowed>Assuming you're already properly equipped with safety equipment, I
think your boat can handle anything the Bay can give you.  The
standing rigging in most of our boats is getting near (or has passed)
the end of its life, but your 1987 boat should be in good shape.

Practice reefing in calm air.  Reef early, reef often.

A jib downhaul is a helpful thing on occasion.

See http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493/msg25.html for an
earlier discussion.

----
Hal Mueller                hal@seanet.com
Seattle, Washington        (206) 297-9574