Depth finder

Hello fellow San Juan'ers

Hope you are either in or about to be in the water and sailing.

Here in Maine, we are still, cleaning, upgrading, etc.

Question: I have a Zercom Marine sonar depth finder, can I mount that in the
bottom inside (no holes) of the boat, rather than having it on the outer
hull?  And if so, do I need special sealant, brackets, etc.?

Thanks for all your help.

Have a thoughtful and reflective Memorial Day.