San Juan 23, Mark II Model--any information?

I own a 1984 San Juan 23, Mark II model, which has a tall rig and a fixed
fin keel, unlike most San Juan 23s which have a shorter mast and a swing
keel.  I understand that only 2 or 3 of the Mark II model boats were built.
I have been told that in addition to mine, there is one in Hawaii, and that
there may be a third one somewhere.
I would like to know how many of these boats were built, why only so few,
where they are now (if possible), and any other information about what led
to them being designed as a variation on the more common San Juan 23.
Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.
Frank Langer
flanger@cha.ab.ca
Lake Wabamun, Alberta
Canada