Re: my sink is sunk

Hal Mueller wrote:

>That was a recurring problem for me.  I put in a 12v pump this year,
>and am much happier.

That possibility had occurred to me, but I have no way to recharge my
battery aboard the boat, and I assume the pump could pull the battery down
fairly quickly. I've had no experience with the setup on this boat, so I
have no feel for how long the battery will last. Do you think a 40 amp-hr
battery would last through a two-day cruise, using the running lights and
steaming light very little, the VHF radio occasionally, the interior light
for a few hours and the water pump as need for the two days?

Hand pumps are primitive, but they don't run out of power. <G>

Bob
Sail #619