Re: my sink is sunk

<x-flowed>
>have no feel for how long the battery will last. Do you think a 40 amp-hr
>battery would last through a two-day cruise, using the running lights and
>steaming light very little, the VHF radio occasionally, the interior light
>for a few hours and the water pump as need for the two days?

That strikes me as a bit of a stretch.  Anchor light, in particular
(since you'd run it overnight), would be a big drain.

My boat has a solar panel on the forward hatch, and I have an
alternator on my outboard.  These two together keep my 80 a-h battery
topped up during the week, and allow me to run water pump, VHF,
lights, autopilot, and a recharge or two for the video camera or
laptop.