Re: my sink is sunk

>That strikes me as a bit of a stretch.  Anchor light, in particular
>(since you'd run it overnight), would be a big drain.

That's what I figured. We'll be getting a higher capacity battery, but the
system will always be pretty primitive.

>My boat has a solar panel on the forward hatch, and I have an
>alternator on my outboard

My situation will never warrant much more elaborate a system than we have,
now. We will never be doing any extended cruising, mostly single
overnights. We are basically daysailers, with an occasional overnight.

I think I'll stick to the hand pump, even with its shortcomings.

Thanks for the input.

Bob
Sail #619