jury-rig throttle friction

I just installed a new outboard, and everything is perfect EXCEPT throttle friction.  Seems that every time I release the handgrip, the throttle returns to idle.  Anybody have a suggestion for jury-rigging a throttle friction adjustment?

Yeah, I know I could disconnect the throttle return spring, and I may end up doing just that.  But this motor has a two-year warranty that I don't want to throw away just yet.