Re: tiller management

Bob Spencer wrote:

> Those of you who singlehand your boats, what do you do to control the
> tiller when tacking, raising and lowering sails, or anything which requires
> you to leave the tiller? Does your method work both when under power and
> under sail?
>
> Bob
> Sail #619

I use a tiller tamer on board Panache for sail and power.  Under sail it holds
a course well if the boat is trimmed properly.  Don't move around though.  It
is marginally effective while racing in that it holds a course while you turn
your head to look at something.  I sure would like to have an Auto-helm though.

--
Regards

Bob Schimmel
Spruce Grove, Alberta