new buyer

     I am considering buying a 1978 SanJuan 23. The
seller is asking $1500. Which according to the info I
find is pretty good. Since its about 250 miles from
where I live I've tried to get a little info by email.
The seller stated that the sails are a 5 on a scale of
one to ten, the standing rigging is in good shape. He
also states the boat has no additional amenities. Does
anyone know what the original equipment was for this
year and does this sound like a good buy? I am new to
sailing and I would like to have a resonably priced
boat to learn on. Also no trailer was included in this
price. How easy is it to find a trailer for this boat
and what type of weight can I expect? Thanks for you
Glen Schwartzberg