Re: new buyer

For $1500 about everything can be fixed, and it is not
that tough to figure if the hull and rigging are
solid--bring a friend that knows boats.  You will
likely have more money in the trailor, so figure that
into the cost.  It may be possible to find a package,
as Trailors are hard to find.  You want to be sure
that the on-off is possible in what you buy.  Good
luck with trailor finding, It can be tough.
phalenbeck@yahoo.com
--- Glen Schwartzberg <doubleadad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>      I am considering buying a 1978 SanJuan 23. The
> seller is asking $1500. Which according to the info
> find is pretty good. Since its about 250 miles from
> where I live I've tried to get a little info by
> email.
> The seller stated that the sails are a 5 on a scale
> of
> one to ten, the standing rigging is in good shape.
> He
> also states the boat has no additional amenities.
> Does
> anyone know what the original equipment was for this
> year and does this sound like a good buy? I am new
> sailing and I would like to have a resonably priced
> boat to learn on. Also no trailer was included in
> this
> price. How easy is it to find a trailer for this
> boat
> and what type of weight can I expect? Thanks for you
> Glen Schwartzberg

> Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo!
> Messenger.
> http://im.yahoo.com/

> San Juan 23 Tech Tips:
> mailing list commands:
mailto:majordomo@peak.org?body=help

=====
NOTE NEW ADDRESS: 30 Turner Street, Suite #908, Clearwater Florida  33756  for Jennifer and Paul Halenbeck