Re: real tiller management

Robert,
Hey, was that the Banks Loft in Portland? I used to work there.  Anyway, a
San Juan 24 main requires 22 gromets / slugs As for the SJ 23, maybe one
or two less.  If the sail's in decent shape, having slides put on is worth
it. It is an alteration I made a few times at the loft.  I would suggest
bringing the sail in and having the sailmakers look at it and give their
opinion, then (remembering that they make a lot more money from a new sail than a few grommets) make your decision.

cheers
matt