autopilot recommendations

I read some glowing recommendations for the Simrad TP10
autopilot a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything about
other tiller pilots on the market.  Defender advertises the TP10 for
about $390, but the Raytheon TP1000+ is only $10 more and
supposedly has an NMEA interface.  I'm going to buy myself one of
them for Christmas this year.  Anybody have some light to shed
here?