RE: Tiller Length

Ron,
Yes, I forgot about the vice grips and the metric adjustable wrench.
I broke the rudder because we had gotten into a bigger "blow" than what we
expected and what was forecasted..  Incidentally, on the last leg (70 miles)
we had to motor sail.  That is how the North Atlantic keeps us sailors on
our toes -beats us into submission and rocks us gently afterwards.
John Lane
Four Sisters
TNYC
Holyrood, NF