Re: (Fwd) RE: Prospective SJ 23 Owner

I concur with the overkill on the 15hp Johnson, as I did the same thing.
Although, I wanted to remote locate the control cables to the cockpit, and
wanted electric start.  A 9hp is the same engine just with different
carburation.  I love the power, as opposed to struggling in heavy weather
conditions.  Yes, it cost more $$$ to have the above features, but my aging
body certainly enjoys not leaning over the transom to yank the rope as we
are being blown into the dock after its dies at the critical moment!

Carey