Fairing Keel & Rudder???

Hi There

I'm kicking around the idea of fairing my rudder. keel and centre board,
in the aim of more performance. On my keel (mark 1) the rear is cut off
with no attempt to taper the keel. This has to create significant drag
but by extending the keel back in a reasonable smooth taper this would
increase the keel area at the very back of the keel. I have been looking
at the web site of Computer Keels (www.computerkeels.com) but want the
opinions of non salespersons first.

So here are the questions......
1. Has anyone fair their San Juan 23 Mark I ????
2. The rear cut off portion in 2" X 12", so extending the keel back in a
smooth taper would  increase the keel area. Wouldn't this change the
handling considerable??? (hopefully decreasing drag??)

--
Mike & Joyce Foreman      mforeman@sas.ab.ca
Home of  "Joy IV"