Re: Tech Tip E01

Mike: Been thinking a bit more about my outboard
response, and will get more specific.  (I have a
westerly 22' which is heavyer that a san juan)  When I
am coming in the Clearwater chanell, and the tide is
going out, or the other way, the outboard 8 h.p. merc
is working, and one can hear/feel it, and the same
when waves are breaking on or over the bow.  I do not
consider this a problem, and do not feel that more H.P
would be a answer, and would likely stress the old
beast more. san juan--8hp top---my westerly 9.9 top.
 phalenbeck
--- geneandlizadams <geneandlizadams@seanet.com>
wrote:
> MIKE
> I have used a Honda 7.5 on San Juan 23s on Puget
> Sound. I have also used 6
> hp motors, and they work fine. More hp means more
> weight and more weight
> means less performance under sail. The San Juan 23
> has a finite hull speed
> and overdriving the hull burns more fuel
> consumption, but not much more
> speed.
> Gene Adams

=====
NOTE NEW ADDRESS: 30 Turner Street, Suite #908, Clearwater Florida  33756  for Jennifer and Paul Halenbeck