Re: Tech Tip E01

I believe Honda includes an "L" in the model number for long shaft motors.
Also - I agree with Jack Chandler - the regular length shaft is probably all
that is needed.  My long shaft Honda does not clear the water completely
when in the up position (unless tilted).  Also - the stock two-position
motor mount seems to get the motor plenty deep in the water.  I am
considering replacing my current mount with a 4-position, Fulton (the
4-stroke model).  I do not think I need to set the long shaft motor so deep
in the water, thus the extra settings might help there.  Since it comes with
4 springs rather than two, it might be easier to pull up as well.  Anybody
installed that particular Fulton model?

Robert Curry
MacMhuirich@worldnet.att.net