Re: cold weather procedure

I will reinforce below.  Weird stuff can happen, and a
few years ago when I was proud of myself for being
"First in and Last out" A heavy early snow came, and
thanks to having a very small cockpitt my (Orphan Like
san juan-- westerly) was loaded with snow and ice that
did not drain to the very cold water.  I came out of
it O.K., but learned a lesson without special covers,
and watch shit will happen, it is a matter of time.
    The next point is how much do you really sail when
snow/ice is possible, and my answer was once maybe
twice. If   was still in a area where snow and ice
storms could occur I would have a cover and watch the
boat close- as in dock or mooring in my yard, and
evaluate how much pleasure cold weather sailing really
gave me  or was I just being cheap or lazy for not
pulling the thing out of the water durning freeze
season.  Now that I have achieved Florida the answer
is that I will pull for repair and bottom coat in
August  when it is too hot, and risk of storms is
high.  Perhaps the  .   lesson is watch your own
baby/boat daily as nobody is going to do it for you.or
put her in the yard or garage.                   -To
solve this problem I moved to Florida, then learned
that Hurricane storm surge can be a problem no matter
how many lines are there.  When the storm hits, snow
or storm serge can one really get there, or do
something (what)    Pull her out and cover off season,
and sail another day.  It will happen.

=====
Send Money to Paul and Jennifer Halenbeck               -----               30 Turner St. Suite 908                --------               Clearwater Florida 33756