Re: Tech Tip E01

We had an engine failure last summer, luckily while trying to leave the
dock so okay there.  We rented the marina's outboard to complete our
haulout and it was a short shaft 8 or 9 horse, can't remember the make,
not a Johnson or Honda, maybe Nissan.  We mounted it as low as possible
and moved all of our gear aft, sat on the stern pulpit and almost went
crazy  trying to be sure the water pickup stayed under water while we
motored to the sling dock. I would not ever consider buying a short
shaft.  Our boat has the hydraulic assist to lift and the tilt feature so
we never leave any part of the outboard in salt water except when under
power.

Betsy Schultz