Re: Fw: FORM results-Ad to sell SJ23 by nonmember

Chuck vanDe Wetering wrote:

> Wes,
> Your idea sounds good but I do not pay for the SJ23 WebPages and my
> understanding of the original agreement for free space was that it was for
> personal use, not to include advertising. So in the past I posted sales ad
> in the e-mail archives so it wasn't evident to anyone from Geocities (now
> Yahoo) who was checking. That may all be thing of the past. Does anyone know
> if Yahoo now has such a requirement when you use them to set up a webpage?
> -
> Chuck and Barbara Vande Wetering
> PO Box 2205
> Friday Harbor, WA 98250
> wwp62@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 360-378-3194
> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5493

Hi Chuck:

When I acquired my third storage site from Yahoo they still have the same "no
commercial" requirements.  However, listing that a boat is for sale is not the
same as selling one.  You are simply informing an interest group of the fact not
much different than a Tech Tip informs people.  I could just as easily be making
a Tech Tip item and selling it, if someone asks.  (That's provided I have the
time which I may have in the future). What about recommending a product like I
do in many Tech Tips? Where do you draw the line?  In the end, you are not
making a profit.  You are simply informing a user group.  I would do it.

Don't you hate it when someone makes you struggle with your conscience?  Sorry.

--
Best Regards

Bob Schimmel
Spruce Grove, Alberta