Re: Spinnaker questions

Sean Kranick wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Our SJ23 came with a beautiful spinnaker, but very little rigging to support it.  It measures 20'x14'x20'.  I grew up sailing G-Cats and have never flown a spinnaker. My questions are:

1.  How long of a spinnaker pole and what other associated rigging may I need?

2.  I have 2 eyes on the forward part of the mast that we use for the whisker pole.  Can I use these for the spinnaker pole?

3.  Is it possible to use the headsail halyard and running rigging to fly the spinnaker?

Thanks in advance,

Sean & Renae

"Mac 'n Ellie"